Reading: A Good Night’s Sleep
• read an article about teenagers and sleep.
• learn verb and noun collocations.
• talk about my sleeping habits.
A GOOD NIGHT’S SLEEP
Life is busy with school, homework, sports and other activities and you really need to catch up on your sleep.
Here are three reasons why you should get more sleep.
YOUR BODY NEEDS SLEEP
As a teenager, you must get enough sleep – more sleep than an adult. Your body is still growing and your brain is still developing. Experts say that you should get between eight and nine hours of sleep each night.
SLEEP HELPS YOU DO BETTER AT SCHOOL
When you’re tired you can’t concentrate in your lessons. It’s more difficult to learn.
SLEEP KEEPS YOU HEALTHY
Without enough sleep, your body gets weak, and it’s easy for you to catch a cold and other illnesses. When you’re tired you often eat food with more sugar in it and that isn’t good for you.
HOW TO GET A GOOD NIGHT’S SLEEP;
- You shouldn’t watch TV, surf the internet or play computer games before you go to bed. To get to sleep, you need to feel relaxed.
- If you’re hungry, have a light snack. You mustn’t eat a big meal before you go to bed – it will keep you awake.
- You shouldn’t drink any drinks with caffeine or sugar in the evening.
TEENAGERS WHO GET ENOUGH SLEEP…
usually have better skin.
eat less junk food.
are less likely to experience depression.